Thursday, August 2, 2007

dialogue-btwn a women and mistress of her husband!

Erica looked at the calm features of the women and finally got the courage to speak.

“So you aren’t mad at me?” she questioned.

“Mad at you?” asked Mrs. Grant “why would I be mad at you dear?”

Erica was stunned. “For starters, I used to sleep with your husband”.

“Yes, you used to”, sighed Mrs. Grant, “And now you are pregnant with no one to look after you”.

“Well, don’t you blame me for whatever happened?”

Mrs. Grant smiled; a kind of smile that people just give but it never really reaches their eyes.

“I blame both of you dear,” heaved Mrs. Grant, “do you understand me?”

“So you are divorcing him?”

Now it was Mrs. Grants turn to be bewildered.

“Of course not! What on earth gave you that idea?”

Erica was embarrassed and all she could manage to say was “oh! I thought….”

After that there were few minutes of silence as neither knew how to proceed.

Finally it was Erica who broke the silence. “Why am I here Mrs. Grant?” she prodded.

“Well, you are pregnant and I don’t have a child”, explained Mrs. Grant calmly.

“What!” exclaimed Erica, “you can’t possibly mean that!”

“Oh, yes I do. I very much mean it.”

“Well you can’t,” started Erica gritting her teeth.

Mrs. Grant almost smirked “Oh you don’t want to part with you child, do you?” she asked sarcastically

“It’s my child and I won’t give it away” growled Erica.

“You are without a dime. How pray are you going to look after the baby?”


Ps- i wrote this dialogue for my creative writing class.. and guess what!
my teacher compared me to Oscar wilde!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kapila Pande said...

lol...this was the most shocking thing i have ever read...i wonder if anyone would ever react this way.lol. doubt it